01 October, 2011

summer to fall florals + ootd (10/01/2011)

i never used to be aware of seasonal colours in clothing. sure, there was the association of orange with october holidays, red and green with christmas, light pastels with spring flower buds, but nothing dictated what time of year i could or couldn't wear my bright blue sweater or green Converse hi-tops.

granted, i never was (and never will be) the guy who wore shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of winter. so here i am trying to get the last out of summer, well aware that as of the 23rd, it is now autumn.

top: Abercrombie & Fitch
sweater: Banana Republic
jeans: Thrill (? via Winners)
necklace: Jules + James
nails: Blue Lagoon by Revlon

a sloppy first attempt at a lady gaga-esque hair bow (tutorial video here). if you've seen it in other photos, you'll know that my hair has a mind of its own. it looks straight for the most bit, but is ridiculously thick when you actually try to style it. the whole thing collapsed after my first class, so i spent the rest of the day in an equally sloppy low side ponytail/bun.

anyways, the lesson here is that while summer is bright and easy, neutrals (browns in particulars) are the biggest sign of autumn. simply adding a brown button-up sweater (does it constitute a cardigan?) transforms what was formerly a summer evening outfit. i'm still wearing my sandals; luckily they're a neutral colour, but the cork wedges are a complete miss! time to go find a pair of platform booties.


they're a bit roughed up, and i'm kind of disappointed in the quality of these sandals. i've only had them for a year, and i've already had to get a strap fixed. on the other hand, i've had good nine west shoes as well, so go figure.

the weather got drastically cold this morning, enough that i had to pull out my yellow jacket. i have missed it so. funny thing about these pants is that i haven't worn them since 2007. once again, i've reverted to my "any colour, any time", but at least i'm colour blocking. is that progress at all?

top: Stitches
jacket: Hurley
pants: Antidote
scarf: gift

ps. no fans or artificial indoor breezes were used in this photo. my hair's just cool like that.

music: "We Found Love" by Rihanna Feat. Calvin Harris

1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest! I totally agree--make the most out of your summer wardrobe before it snows. I am doing the same thing, but I'm trying to pick and chose colors wisely. Exactly what you did adding the brown cardigan (yeah, I'd still call it a cardigan). I think that works to make it transitional for fall! You are such a cutie! As for the last outfit, I love the color palate. Love the bright yellow!

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete