02 February, 2012

orange skirt, tight budget


jacket: dad's
boyfriend jeans: guess
hi-tops: converse
cross-body bag: naturalizer


Following exams (granted, I only had one), I went out a couple times for a little retail therapy. What I wasn't expecting, however, was not having sufficient funds for what I wanted. See, although I worked almost everyday leading up to New Year's, I'd put it all into a savings plan.

I almost wish I'd gone thrifting; what was left would've gone a long way at Value Village, but instead I ended up spending four hours combined at a local mall and the biggest, most overwhelming shopping centre in the GTA: Square One. Other than not getting a pair of darling jeans (I might have to go back for them, though), here's how I contently made out with just over $120 in my spending account-

new wallet from Naturalizer

high-waisted jeans from Searsorange jersey skirt from H&M

elbow-patch blazer from RW & Co.

tassel belt from RW & Co.


a couple of cds from HMV

Naturalizer's pretty notorious for their granny shoes, but I like their accessories. Sears at Square One was shocking- I daresay the fitting rooms were nicer than the Bay's. Too bad I couldn't get more music, I would've liked to... but hopefully you're enjoying my photo-shopped backgrounds (I'll try harder next time). Anyways, after being disappointed (scent-wise) by the Body Shop's hemp foot protector, I also opted to try out a similar product from Yves Rocher.

Oh, and a pair of nude-coloured undies from La Senza's I ♥ Cotton line. I'll need them for the growing number of white pants in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment